Friday, January 18, 2013

Stich and bitch ....

Last night I got together, after a much too long absence, with some dear, dear fellow stichers...and one new sticher, Slim, a very fine musician and songwriter. He wants to recycle some commercial grade black plastic and burlap sack into new chaps ... yup chaps!


Suzy is knitting and felting a table runner, she is well on her way, don't you love big needles and big yarn? She picked up the yarn at a yarn swap which I missed. The yarn smells musty which is the reason why she will felt this otherwise beautiful wool.


Diane is in need of a new touque and is knitting one in the round.

 
In addition to these cute pot holders I'm crocheting a stuffed sun toy for my granddaughter...she turns the cloudiest and darkest day sunny. So far I have the sun rays finished and have started the body, the pattern is here ... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/smiling-sun




The night was great fun but Slim thought there would be way more bitching...well maybe next time!

2 comments:

Powell River Books said...

Mom used to crochet so many beautiful things, very fine work. At the end she made lots of afghans. The crocheting gene somehow skipped over me. I started an afghan five or so years ago and it is still in bags mostly undone. The winter is the best time to do hand work, but at night at the cabin (read that as 4:00 p.m.) the light just isn't good enough for fine work. Summer I am too busy outdoors. Maybe some day I'll get it out and done. - Margy

The Hobbit said...

Oh my God Margaret I love it!! Stitch and Bitch keeps me sane.If there was little bitching that means most had a good week.Everything looks great and sounds like a most eclectic group.