Monday, September 20, 2010

In search of fresh farm eggs.

I try to buy local farm eggs whenever possible to serve for breakfast at my diner. I've had a little trouble finding enough eggs lately but with the help of some friends spreading the word I found a few dozen eggs not too far from me.


On my way to the farm....

I saw flowers, lots of flowers.



A new house...with enough solar power to go off grid, well for most of the year!



The fog starting to lift.



At first I thought this was bull, then I swear I saw cow teats, so I thought it was a girl but I have since found out that it can only be a male if horns are involved? I wonder what I saw....




And finally, spider webs, heavy with the morning dew.


What a wonderful way to get local fresh eggs.

4 comments:

Powell River Books said...

Now that is some serious solar power. You could sure run a blender with that. I wonder what their battery bank looks like. You sure are dedicated about buying local. I am sure farmers and ranchers love you. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Great job on finding local eggs. Great pictures.

The Hobbit said...

Oh how I love finding new places.What a great trip.I have to agree that's a male. Was it just 1 teat you saw? Hehe

DangAndBlast! said...

Did someone tell you that only male cattle can have horns? They didn't get the message to our (female) cattle... (Might be breed-specific, but our cows can certainly have horns. Some of them mighty impressive, too.)