Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fire in the sky


Today I decided to walk the Wildwood clear cut. I don't know the story behind the clear cut but for the most part all the evergreen trees were cut down and now the clear cut is growing alders, tall grasses, salal, blackberries and other plants that I'm not familiar with. Now you may think ugh!!! a clear cut, not very pretty, but the clear cut now allows for beautiful views of the ocean, Vancouver Island and some smaller islands. Daylight was quickly dwindling so I could not make my way to my very favorite spot, that picture will have to wait for longer days but I was able to catch a beautiful sunset.


The start of the clear cut area.




Small tree grove with beautiful views just beyond it.




Just a little further.






Ah, here we are!

Savary Island off in the distance.

And finally, fire in the sky!

To see more beautiful pictures of the sky from around the world please visit the Skywatch website.

7 comments:

KB said...

Beautiful shots. I love the fire in the sky especially. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

i love the glimpse of sky at the end of the dirt road. great shots.

Laura said...

thank you for taking us on your walk...so beautiful!

syel said...

beautiful set of photos. i love the fiery sky! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful series of skywatch shots. The fiery sky is a gorgeous capture.

Nat said...

It does look like fire and smoke. I love fall/winter sunsets. Great shot!