Saturday, November 6, 2010

Giddy....

The dictionary defines "giddy" as silly and impulsive...well then... call me silly and impulsive.

Are there ever times, when quite unexpectedly, something, makes you giddy with happiness, makes you feel as though all is well in this world, gives you a sense of well being....for me it's often something simple, maybe something I see in nature, or around my house, it usually costs nothing and it only takes a minute of my time, to stop, to see it, to savour it, to live it...

rainbows
the fog lifting with a hint of blue sky behind it
fabric, yarn, and thread
a bird bathing in a puddle
a colorful sunset
big, big trees
soaring eagles
starting - finishing a project
an empty dishwasher
August skies - the blue is bluer than any other month, well in my eyes...
starting a new book, I can hardly stand the anticipation...
So many other things...
what makes you giddy?

2 comments:

Powell River Books said...

I need to think about that a bit. My life has become so focused I haven't spent much time thinking about all the blessings I have. Thanks for giving me some food for thought. - Margy

Anonymous said...

A great list, Margaret. Starting a new book - that is a good one!!