Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Walking

Powell River was once again stunning yesterday, the air was crisp, the sun was bright and perfect for a walk along the Willingdon Beach Trail.





I've walked this trail many times since moving to Powell River and never tire of the beautiful scenery.







Our dog, Seiko, joins us on our walks, Art and I look at the scenery and Seiko is on the lookout for chipmunks. You may not see the little chipmunk at the base of the tree on the following picture but it's there. Oh how Seiko would love to give chase but he is on the leash and can only stare...
















4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Dh and I just sit in awe of the beauty that surrounds you. Everytime you show a picture of your area, I call him to see. His mouth drops and all he can say is WOW!!

Powell River Books said...

I feel guilty. I haven't hiked on the Willingdon Beach Trail since our first year in Powell River. We were camped there our first two summers and walked it then. Now that we've been up the lake we have neglected it. Wayne and I are trading places next week. I sure miss home. - Margy

Kari said...

Hi Margaret. I'm so glad you liked the soup. I bet it was good with the homemade Turkey broth. I actually froze the bones from my Christmas Turkey because I wanted to make broth also. But I didn't get around to it for a couple of weeks and I wasn't sure if they would still be ok to use after being in the freezer for awhile. Did you freeze yours or just make the broth right away and then freeze that?

Glennis said...

Lovely walk, very good dog not to chase that sweet wee chipmunk, give him a pat from me, and lovely scenery.