Monday, February 2, 2009

We had a very productive weekend. Art replaced the plastic on the greenhouse and added a window to the ceiling which I can open for better ventilation on really hot summer days. We also picked some sea kelp which Art will rot till into the soil, not very much because it won't fully breakdown by the time I start my spring planting but we will add much more in the fall. A walk around the garden shows the clematis is starting to sprout some leaves, a tiny pansy flowered, but with the heavy rain today, it's probably squashed and many more spring bulbs have broken through, I just love this time of year.



I'm desperate for some pajamas so I bought some flannel and started sewing a pair yesterday, the material is quite bright but at 4.00 a meter it was a good buy and I purchased some embroidery thread to add to my existing stash. A quick stop at the second hand store garnered two embroidery rings .25 cents each, that's a super bargain.


2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh I like that material. Very pretty and just right for pj's and at the right price.

And to be working on a greenhouse. I so would like to have one here.

Kari said...

I would love to know how to make my own pajamas. I tried to learn to sew a few times since my mother made many of our clothes growing up, but I just didn't have the patience for it. Your blog is just a pleasure to read. Thanks for the comments on my site, and have a nice trip to MC!