Friday, February 18, 2011

The week....

...I would like to say, is almost over but for me it's just starting. Regardless...it's been a crazy week and I'm glad that today was quiet and I had a chance to sit, drink some coffee, read the paper and oh happy days, I got bathroom breaks to.



It's been busy, really busy, top it off with the dinner event I had on Feb. 14th and my feet are just now starting to feel somewhat normal.



This post is really about last weekend, I'm just now getting to write about it. It started with chaos and ended with chaos! Run Margaret run. See how Margaret runs? Will Margaret blow a gasket? Oh yes...


Then a small miracle, a customer comes in with a brown paper bag full of sewing patterns. She read my blog and knows that I like to sew. My customer, Lee Mackenzie, a local artist, used to sew professionally but decided some time ago that painting was her artistic passion. It was time to clear out some of her sewing patterns...and... I got them. Lee. together with two other local artists share a storefront studio on Marine Drive in Powell River. You can view Lee's art at Monkey tree Studio.


Now you might ask yourself what a bag of patterns and a busy weekend have in common. Well... I did not have any time to look through the bag when Lee first dropped it off but I knew the contents, and the anticipation alone got me through the weekend. I was thinking about what I would sew, what materials I might use and how I would fit the patterns. That bag of patterns got me through a very chaotic weekend, Monday and Tuesday and into a blissful Wednesday, my day off.
I quietly sat in my craft room, with the snow falling outside, a cup of coffee in hand, and slowly I went through the bag of patterns. It was wonderful. Thanks Lee.


2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Oooh they look like fun. Did you get anything sewn? Our C loves going through patterns at yard sales and thrift stores. Have fun with your new patterns. Hugs

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift.