Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When man...

...plans, God laughs.



A little while ago I posted that our February weather seldom gets long periods of sub zero temperatures. Oh sure, we have had snow in February, quite a lot sometimes, but it usually passes quickly. Not this year. And this is the year I "planned" on early planting in my new cold frames. Well that is a no-go. Nothing is sprouting and the ground is slightly frozen....I guess I'll start again when this Arctic air heads back North. And more bad news, the broccoli seeds I started, which I said I would not do, sprouted but I didn't check on them yesterday, and I guess yesterday was the day they decided to bolt and look for light, so in just a day, they are long and yellow, I guess I'll have to restart those to.


And now for the good news. This sunny but cold weather is beautiful and lifts my spirits. The bright skies seem to stay brighter a little longer and afternoon walks in this crisp cool air are invigorating.


Everything just seems a little brighter, look at these snow capped mountains on Vancouver Island, just gorgeous!


3 comments:

2 Tramps said...

The mountains on the island are beautiful. I can smell and feel your salt air just by looking!

Scrappy quilter said...

You just can never make plans when it comes to the weather especially in our country. I've had so many failures because of it. Hope when you replant everything works out okay this time. Hugs

Anonymous said...

The mountains are beautiful. They are one of the few things that I miss about living there.