Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rhubarb

Lots and lots of rhubarb. Not from my garden although I was able to harvest 5 or 6 good sized stalks from my plant. This rhubarb is from my friend's patch. I'm not sure how many plants they have, but there is lots.

This is what I picked and it didn't make a dent....




I cut the big leaves off and laid them on my garden as natural weed control. Then I washed and cut the stalks....






Then into a plastic bag ready for the freezer, really it's that easy.



I'm off to get more... 

3 comments:

Powell River Books said...

I was so glad to see that the rhubarb that I planted last year in a pot came up again this spring. The stalks were pretty thin when I was there a few weeks back, but it should be larger when I get there in June. I bought some today at the store to make some stewed rhubarb with strawberries (also from the store). I sure miss my garden! - Margy

Anonymous said...

I was looking at my two plants today and they are looking good.

The Hobbit said...

Almost ready to pick my rhubarb. Ours is a bright red. I recently found a recipe for a streusel breakfast muffin and also ice cream. Can't wait.Hard to believe I get this excited over rhubarb.