Monday, March 30, 2009

Bargain finds

While in Vancouver I had a chance to visit Dress Sew, I was a kid in a candy store..if you are ever in the downtown area of Vancouver I urge you to visit.

You will find fabric for everything, thousands and thousands of buttons, zippers, sequins, lace, oh my, I could go on and on.

I purchased 4 metres of denim, 10 metres of eyelet lace and 10 balls of yarn for 21.00CAD.

I can hardly believe my good luck!!



In the gardening department....

I've been fighting a cold for a week with no signs of getting better but I was able to transplant my seedlings to bigger pots.
I was happy to see 10 more seeds sprouted while I was in Vancouver so I now have jalapenos and eggplant, as well as hollyhocks, delphiniums and merigolds that I can add to all my tomato plants.

Here they are in a sunny window.



And under lights for those not too sunny days..

4 comments:

Betty said...

Now that is a store I could spend a lot of time in. I am happy your seedlings are doing well. I wish there were more sun. It is raining today at least I enjoyed being out side yesterday.

Betty said...

That is a store I could spend a lot of time in. I am happy that your seedlings are doing well.

Powell River Books said...

Looks like you are having fun in the big city while your little plants are doing well at home. We are in Bellingham this week but will be coming home on the weekend. The big city is fine, but I miss my home up the coast! - Margy

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh the fun of that type of store. My daughter would be in seventh heaven finding buttons and lace. Great deals you got.

Nice to see your plants are doing well