Monday, March 9, 2009

Bowser, BC




On my way home from Victoria I dropped my sister Iolanda at the Nanaimo Ferry. The crossing is about 1 1/2 hour long; she may have been lucky and seen a whale or two..

Then I keep driving north to the Comox to Powell River ferry. I was early so I decided to take the scenic Ocean Highway as opposed to the quicker Island Highway. The Ocean highway takes drivers through Parksville, Qualicum, Fanny Bay, Union Bay and Bowser. It was in Bowser that I saw about 30 fishing boats concentrated in a small area. I'm not sure what they were fishing but after I explained the sight to my husband he thinks it might have been herring but we are not sure. It was a beautiful sight to see.





4 comments:

Powell River Books said...

Wayne and I took that route by accident heading south to kayak from Thetis Island. It was a beautiful trip. I know it wasn't named for this, but wasn't there a story about a dog in Bowser who served drinks (or at least picked up the money for them) at one of the bars? It's one of those tidbits stuck in my mind. - Margy

Anonymous said...

No whales, but did see some porpoises....is that how you spell it? iol

Scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful is all I can say. Still dreaming here...

Vintage Girl said...

What a gorgeous view!!