Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Seeds and a funny picture

Time to start some seeds, this year I'm trying Jiffy 7 Peat Pellets. Just add water, allow them to expand, plant your seed, keep them warm, and fingers crossed my seeds will germinate.




I purchased 50 pellets, lots right? I have, tomatoes, eggplant, cucumber, peppers, melons and zucchini. Well I started with tomato seeds and that's as far as I got. I ran out of pellets, yup, 50 tomato plants are on the way. I hope they all germinate, I'm probably dreaming..but I really hope they all grow. I should have enough space for them but if not I have neighbours and friends that I can share with.



I chose two varieties from Veseys which I used last year with great success, Tiny Tim Cherry Tomato and Roma Tomato and two from WestCoast seeds, Black Krim Tomato and Gold Nugget Cherry Tomato.







Remember the five hats I made for my sisters..well here we are, goofy but we had so much fun.



From left to right, me, Elisabetta, Iolanda and Guiliana, missing (but not from our thoughts and hearts) is my sister Alessia in Australia, I'll be sending her the white and red hat, she must take a picture and then send it back to me which I will then post.






3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Great picture and I see those hats all got worn.

Powell River Books said...

Where did you get the pellets? Online or in town? They sound perfect. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Love these hats and I see you can send the red and white one to your sister in Oz!
Your whole blog is great and you look like a really fun bunch of ladies.

Eeyore