Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finished

Some time back I started crocheting a blanket to use at the cabin. I didn't buy any yarn for this one, just used left overs from past years and yarn given to me by my mom. Well it's finished..love the colors.



This weekend I planted sugar peas and swiss chard. I have many more seeds to plant but it's still a little cold, frost this morning.


My seedlings are doing quite well, getting bigger, maybe a bit leggy so it better warm up around here..
The hollyhocks, marigolds and snapdragons that I started from seed are moving along in my unheated greenhouse. I have some mystery plants growing to..why oh why did I think I could recognize a seed???





I'm planting potatoes for the first time this year, Yukon Golds, if the weather holds they will go in this weekend.



5 comments:

Betty said...

You blanket is lovely very colorful. I am going to try to plant potatoes in a barrel like Marge did last year. It looked like it would be fun. I hope your plants grow big and strong.

Scrappy quilter said...

Your blanket is really nice. Love how the colors all came together. We won't be planting a garden until the middle of May. You are so fortunate to be able to plant already.

The Hobbit said...

Great use of leftovers!I'm afraid to look at my stash too closely.I'm going for the Yukon golds and hope to try my luck at Russian fingerlings.Can't wait.Enjoy your visits.

SuburbanGardener said...

Wow, wow, and wow. Very impressive all around. You are keeping busy. Looks great. The potatoes got my attention :-) !!

Powell River Books said...

As you can see, I am getting caught up on my reading after a long visit at the cabin. Your blanket turned out great. Which of your 20 beds at the cabin (just kidding - sort of) will get the honour? I started crocheting an afghan in October. I just finished the first panel (about 1/5th of the total needed). At this rate I should finish sometime in 2012. - Margy