Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No more shampoo

I didn't write about this yet but about 3 months ago a gave up shampoo and started using bicarb soda. I started out by making a paste in my hand with about 1 tablespoon of soda, added water to make a thick paste, rubbed it on my scalp and then rinsed. Super soft, clean hair but a warning..it takes about two weeks for your hair to adapt and within that time your hair tends to be fairly limp and flat, not very attractive. It wasn't a huge issue for me because I always have my hair in a ponytail. Now I have a small plastic bottle with the soda mixture, one part soda to four parts water, shake well before using. I used to wash my hair every day but now I can go two days and in the winter when I'm not outside all that much, three days.


Before shaking. After shaking


Shiny clean hair..the orange??? Old hair dye I'm trying to grow out.






1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

Wow, I think I might try that. I've taken to not washing my hair everyday and can now go 3 days without shampooing. I have natural curls and it's working out great. Hope you have a wonderful day.