Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A home made Christmas

You know Christmas is just around the corner right? Any thoughts on how much you will spend on gifts? Do you have a budget?

Why don't you try a home made Christmas. This year challenge yourself to make as many gifts and foods as you can.



Although not for Christmas I sewed a pair of "lazy pants" for my husband. A super easy pajama pattern, http://www.simplicitynewlook.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6626. I made these pants in one day. A perfect gift for the beginner sewer.

Scarfs and hats are easy to knit, crochet or sew. And gingerbread men and popcorn garlands will look lovely on your tree. Sew Mama Sew has lots of Christmas sewing and it's all free.


When I was a child putting up the Nativity scene was really special. We would go out into the woods to collect moss and tree bark from which we would make the scenery. We would crumple up paper and then cover the paper with moss which would give us hills and valleys. The bark would be used for the stable, blue cloth would be used for the sky.


And then there is baking, so much baking. Check out Robin Hood recipes here http://www.robinhood.ca/specialoccasions/so.detail.asp?soid=86.

Or how about some of your homemade preserves? They will be very much appreciated.







1 comment:

Betty said...

You are making me feel like I should have gotten busy a couple of months ago. Your Christmas quilt is lovely.and I really like the cookies.My son and brother force me to make Baklava every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now they want me to make Kimchee.