Sunday, February 28, 2010

Well, well, well....

It's a little strange, this new path I'm on. And I'm not sure I like it all that much. I'm happy with the diner and thrilled that it's done well so far but I'm not liking the time it seems to swallow up.

I've had to give a few things up. As I mentioned before I have someone helping me with the vacuuming and dusting, and maybe a little more housework as well. A friend commented about a robot vacuum...sounds interesting, worth taking a look.

I'm not making dog food anymore and I'm now down to the last little bit of my homemade laundry soap, do I bother making more? I found a recipe for liquid dish soap, should I try it?

Or...do I take the little spare time I have and go for my daily walks which I never do anymore, read some of my favorite blogs, read some of the books collecting dust on the shelf, get out into the garden, get sewing...so many interests and so little time.

Not such a hard decision to make was the flight I took to Vancouver for my my dad's 80th...we drank some prosecco sparkling wine at 11:00am, how deliciously wicked.
Look at my dad (right hand side)...he is a one happy and healthy old man, and boy did we surprise him.


...

1 comment:

Powell River Books said...

Family is so important. What a nice surprise for your dad. I'm glad you got away for such a special occasion. - Margy