Friday, December 18, 2009

Wow where has the year gone

Christmas is just around the corner, where has the year gone? As 2009 winds down and I sit here and reflect back I realize 2009 has been full of miracles.

My oldest son bought a house, married, found a good job, and I will, very soon, be a third time nonna.

My younger son and his two children were able to fly out for three weeks in August to attend his brother's wedding and I enjoyed my grandchildren who I don't see often enough. Phew!!! they sure tired me out. It was a shame that my daughter in law could not come out but we chat on the phone and by email and she is a real joy, full of spunk and a real firecracker. My son enrolled in trade school to apprentice as an electrician and is doing very well.

I fulfilled a long time dream by opening up my restaurant with my husband of 29 years. Wow!!!

We are all healthy, have a roof over our heads and enough food to eat, we are very fortunate.

Christmas will be quiet this year, just four of us and who knows maybe a 5th little person. I tried my hardest to have a home made Christmas but I ended up spending a little bit of money, however I'm happy to report that it was much less than previous years.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas full of happiness and spent with the people that you love.

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Merry Christmas to you too Margaret. One of the best things I did this year was start blogging and meeting you. Can't even remember how I found your blog, however it's been such a joy to read your blog and see you fulfill a lifelong dream. Hugs and all the best in the New Year!!

Betty said...

Going Going Gone!! It has gone so fast.I hope you and yours have a verry Merry Christmas.
~~Hugs~~

The Hobbit said...

Merry Christmas Margaret and a Happy New Year to all.