Friday, January 15, 2010

Biscotti are made

The biscotti are baked and taste delicious. I haven't sold one yet but I'm enjoying them.

Once my daughter in law and I finished cracking the nuts and pinching our thumbs with the nut cracker...I roasted the hazelnuts in the oven for about 15 minutes. Then I wrapped them in a tea towel.

I let them steam in the towel for a few mintues and then I rubbed the towel to get the skins off.

Have you ever heard of Nutella? Well these biscotti taste just like crunchy nutella. And I love dunking so these are perfect.

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Ooooh looks wonderful. Hugs

Betty said...

I'll be right over. Put the tea kettle on. They look delis!!!!
~~Hugs~~

Powell River Books said...

I know this is hard to believe, but I've never tasted a biscotti. I know what they are and see them all the time in coffee shops, but that's it. Next time I bring Mom in for a coffee I'll give it one a try (if they last that long). - Margy