Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What's happening at the diner...

Life at the diner is progressing very nicely. Art and I are settling into a set routine and our days are less stressful.
The weekend was very busy but we got through it a little easier. I had much more food prepped which is a real life saver.

But...still so much to learn...this weeks lesson??? Do not buy all the meat on Friday to prep first thing Saturday morning. That was stressful and I don't know why I did it.

We bought our meat on Friday, brought it home, packed it into our fridge. 5:30am Saturday, we take all the meat out of our fridge, into the truck, and unpack it all into the diner. Divide it all, keep some for the weekend and freeze the rest. All the while, cooking sausages, bacon, mushrooms, onions, peppers, slicing tomatoes, cooking for our customers, and getting the soup ready...way to much!

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I love reading how things are going. Nice to see you guys are getting into a pattern and learning along the way. Great job! Nice to see you are busy too. Hugs

Betty said...

Happy that things are going well at the dinner for you I know it is a lot of hard work.
~~Hugs~~

Powell River Books said...

The other day when we popped in your were filled to the max and had people waiting. I can see why you could get stressed, but you always handle the customers to well.

Wayne loves your sausage. Where do you get it? I promise I'll only cook it at the cabin. When he wants some in town we'll head on over to Magpie's. - Margy