Monday, March 22, 2010

Rhubarb

Finally a nice day, well on the West Coast that would be a dry day, the sun isn't out...I'm able to finally put my rhubarb down. Turning over the dirt, pulling weeds, actually calendula, AKA weeds. They reseed very well, so well that I consider them a weed now.


As I dig the dirt I can't help but notice the big fat worms which I know the chickens will like...I need some company so in they come.

Seiko would love to give chase...


With a tummy full of worms and some cutworms, the chickens are ready for a dirt bath and some rest.

What's happening in your neck of the woods?

1 comment:

Powell River Books said...

Do you rent a chicken out to eat nematodes? My soil in the floating garden is full of them. I am sure they aren't the helpful kind since I didn't add them. They must have come on the potatoes I planted I'm guessing. Fortunately they don't seem to kill anything, at least not as much as the nasty slugs. - Margy