Sunday, June 20, 2010

Seven layer Mexican Dip

Have you ever tried it? It's delicious, impressive, great for parties, can be made a day ahead and super easy to make, here is how.

On a large plate, I used a glass pie plate....

Spread some re-fried beans on your plate, I used a can, that's the first layer.


Spread some guacamole on top of the re-fried beans, that's your second layer.
-You can make your own guacamole with two ripe avocados, which you peel and mash, add a dash of salt and pepper, a teaspoon of chili powder, a teaspoon of garlic powder, a tablespoon of lemon and mix. All the seasonings can be adjusted to suit your taste.

Spread some sour cream on top of the guacamole, that's your third layer.

Spread some salsa on top of the sour cream, that's your fourth layer.

Sprinkle some shredded cheddar on top of the salsa, that's the fifth layer.

Sprinkle some sliced black olives on top of the cheese, that's the sixth...almost there.

And finally sprinkle some chopped green onions on top of the olives.

And serve with your favorite tortilla chips.



3 comments:

Linda said...

I had this several years ago,for the first time, never got the recipe and I loved it. Now I can make it right , Thank you . I'm going to make my own quacamole to : ).

A nice summer quick dish.

Have a great week

tc linda

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to make this, but never got around to it. Now I will, it looks good.

Powell River Books said...

I never made it but enjoyed it at lots of teacher parties and goody days at school. It is yummy for sure. - Margy