Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baking soda and vinegar

The super duo.

I've written about using baking soda as shampoo and with the addition of vinegar as a green cleaner in my home already. But since then I've used it for many other little jobs. I now use baking soda and vinegar exclusively for cleaning. I add vinegar and baking soda to the toilet bowl and let it bubble away for about 20 minutes, then wipe, no more bleach. I sanitize my cutting board with straight vinegar, even after I cup meat on it. I sprinkle baking powder on the carpet as a deodorizer.
And now I use baking soda as my under arm deodorant. I was looking for a natural deodorant alternative but everything I saw was quite complicated until I happened upon this website http://1greengeneration.elementsintime.com/.
I use 1 part baking soda to 4 parts corn starch. Put the mixture into a container, I used a salt shaker and shake well.





After my shower I sprinkle a little on my hand and gently rub it under my arm. It feels wonderful and works extremely well. Even after a day of gardening in the hot sun...
This of course save a lot of money but even more important than money is the effect it has on our environment...Very little. It's a safe, green option.
Margaret

2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

WTG on using baking soda and vinegar. I know it does an awesome job in the bathroom.

Powell River Books said...

You are so good. I learn so much from reading your blog. - Margy